Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I enroll my child?
Simply follow the 4-step process outlined on How to Apply. Please review the application requirements for the grade your child will be applying to next school year. Once we have received all requested documents for the application process, completed files will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- When is the application deadline?
Apply by January 13, 2017 for first-round consideration.
- At what age can my child apply to Veritas?
PreK4 - must be age 4 by September 1 of the year you are applying.
Kindergarten - must be age 5 by September 1 of the year you are applying.
- Where can I have my child take the entrance assessment?
Gesell Developmental Testing (GDO-R) for PreK3 - PreK4 applicants
The GDO-R is administered at Veritas and part of the admission process. Please contact Veritas for scheduling the developmental assessment.
$100 administration fee for the Gesell Developmental Testing (GDO-R)
CATS (Collaborative Academic Testing Assessment) for Kindergarten - 4th Grade applicants
Upon submitting your application follow the link to CATS and complete their registration form to schedule testing.
CATS Texas Registration
Please contact our Admissions Office to schedule on campus testing of the ISEE.
$50 administration fee for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam)
If taking the ISEE exam at a different location than Veritas please have it sent directly to Veritas by the ERB Center. The Veritas ISEE number is 447624
- Why does my child take an entrance assessment?
Entrance assessment allows us to compare applicants to our current students and helps us to determine if there is a good fit. Test scores are only one part of the application process; the entire application is the teacher recommendations, grades, the visit/interview and test scores - are reviewed by the Admission Committee individually and as a group.
- When will families be notified of their child’s admission status?
Admission Committee decisions are typically mailed in mid-March for those applying for first-round consideration. Thereafter, all applications will be considered once all required documents have been received and families will be notified shortly after.
- What are regular school day hours?
Early Care: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Regular School Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- What high schools do your graduates attend?
- Episcopal High School
- Fort Bend Christian Academy
- Houston Christian High School
- Providence Classical School
- Second Baptist School
- St. Agnes Academy
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory
- St. John’s School
- St. Thomas High School
- St. Thomas’ Episcopal
- St. Pius X High School
- Westbury Christian School
- Bellaire High School
- Carnegie Vanguard High School
- DeBakey High School
- Dulles High School
- Harmony Science Academy
- High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- Lamar High School
- What is your student/faculty ratio?
Our student/faculty ratio is 8:1.
- What do you mean by classical?
- What foreign languages are offered and when?
PreK3 - Grade 1: French
Grade 2 - Grade 4: Latin
Grade 5 - Grade 8: Spanish
- Do students wear uniforms?
Yes. Specific information about uniforms can be found here.
- What sports are available at Veritas?
Team sports begin in middle school. Veritas offers:
Track & Field